CURRENT JOB LISTINGS: 1
Below is a list of the current openings with our company.
ENGINEERING MANAGER - Olathe, KS
At Gowanda Components Group, we recognize that our employees play a vital role in our success, and we create an environment that focuses on innovation, empowers our people, and recognizes individual expertise.
Join Gowanda Components Group, the fastest growing electronic components manufacturer in the United States.
If you’re ready to take the next step in your engineering career, earning the rewards you deserve, WE WANT TO TALK TO YOU!
GCG is aggressively recruiting for an Engineering Manager for our manufacturing location in Olathe Kansas.
This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced Engineering Manager
HiSonic, LLC recently joined the Gowanda Components Group of companies, which has opened up opportunities for growth within the marketplace as well as within the organization. Our products have gained national attention through the GCG marketing channels, affording our people new opportunities for professional growth.
Purpose of the Position: Directs and coordinates activities of engineering department in design, manufacture, and test components, products and systems by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Direct functional leadership over Engineering Department
- Direct and coordinate the design, manufacture and testing of transformers, inductors, filters and magnetic assemblies within the aerospace, defense systems and spacecraft industries
- Design and evaluate designs to see that the products meet engineering principals, customer requirements and environmental challenges
- Ensure that projects meet AS9100 quality standards
- Coordinate with Manufacturing Engineer to inspect malfunctioning or damaged products to identify sources of problems and possible solutions
- Investigate and recommend new technologies or new market opportunities and serve as product visionary to drive game-changing products, strategy and direction
- Develop customer relationship to understand customer requirements
- Regularly interact with other key departments and functions that include manufacturing, sales, quality and purchasing
- Ensure Product Development activity is in line with the strategy and direction of the Company
- Limited travel required
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Other Requirements: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 4 year accredited undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering required, Masters in Engineering or MBA a plus
- 5+ years’ experience in power supply and transformer design experience required
- 2+ years’ direct engineering leadership experience preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, Outlook) and AutoCAD (or similar CAD software) required
- Experience with AS9100 Quality Management System required
- Experience within the manufacturing and/or aerospace industry preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate, inspire and motivate all levels of staff
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Superb attention to detail
- Demonstrates solid work ethic by using time productively to accomplish projects
- Must be able to work well alone and be self-motivated
- Ability to sit for up to 8 hours a day
- Ability to stand, walk, kneel and stoop periodically throughout the work day
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds
- Strong vision including close vision, color vision and depth perception
- Must be able to read, speak and comprehend the English language
HiSonic embraces an inclusive and diverse culture and accommodations are available when needed.
WHY WORK FOR HISONIC, INC?
HiSonic views our associates as our most valuable asset. We are a team of individuals who strive daily to produce reliable, quality parts for our customers. HiSonic provides an environment which allows our associates to provide feedback and suggestions for improvement for both our product and our work place. Many of our employees have been a part of the HiSonic family for over 15+ years!
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Employees are evaluated and rewarded based upon performance standards.
HiSonic offers a range of benefits, including health insurance, life insurance, dental insurance, STD and LTD disability insurance, and others such as cancer insurance, accident and injury insurance.
We offer 8 ½ days of paid holiday time, and personal time off.
A 401(k) retirement plan, with a matching percentage is available after a waiting period. Within this 401(k) plan you have the option to choose between multiple funds in which to invest your monies invested.
HOW TO APPLY
If, due to disability, you need assistance in completing an application or if you anticipate that you need auxiliary aids or assistance in the selection process, please contact the Human Resources Department at +1-913-782-0012.
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Attn: Human Resources
310 N. Marion Street
Olathe, KS 66061
HiSonic accepts applications/resumes only when positions are available. Please check our website frequently for up to date position vacancies.
HiSonic is committed to equal opportunity for all, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. HiSonic will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you are interested in applying for an employment opportunity and feel you need a reasonable accommodation pursuant to the ADA, please contact us at +1-913-747-6455.HiSonic EEO Policy Statement